The cable design for a automated test system is critical for repeatability and accuracy, it needs care and expertise. Depending on the application, a test engineer needs to consider test specifications, including voltage, current, temperature, insertion losses, and more. Unless the test engineer is an expert on cabling, researching wires and connectors can be a daunting task.
There are times when a standard cable assembly is not suitable, and there is a need for custom connectors and wire types or specific harness wiring. Our free online Cable Design Tool (CDT) is a simple and efficient way of creating these custom cabling solutions.
In this training, we demonstrate the tools abilities and features which include:
- A built-in library of standard cable sets—to be used as the basis for customization, or cables can just be defined from scratch
- Store cable assemblies in the Cloud and develop over time
- Create your own library and share with colleagues
- Each cable design has a pdf documentation file detailing all of the specifications
- Allows very detailed design characteristics including a selection of connector types, wire type, pin definitions, pin and cable labeling, cable bundling, length selection, sleeving, comments
- Add your own connectors and wires
- Fully supported on major tablet operating systems